Since opening their doors in 1998, Northwest Registered Agent has carved out a niche as a medium-sized company providing LLC formations and other legal services for business.
This Northwest Registered Agent LLC service review discusses all of the details that set them apart from the competition, and should help you decide whether you’d like to use their services.
Advantages & Disadvantages
Advantages of Northwest Registered Agent:
– Their customer support is incredible. Northwest Registered Agent keeps their premium customer support in-house, with a team of professionally trained Corporate Guides. Every time we have called with questions about complicated state rules or forming an LLC, the very first person we talk to is able to immediately answer our questions.
– Even though they offer next-level support, Northwest Registered Agent still has a strong price point for LLC formation services. At just $79, Northwest offers a much better deal than most of its alternatives like LegalZoom.
– They’re one of just a few LLC service providers that includes a full year of registered agent service with any formation service package.
– Unlike many of their competitors, Northwest Registered Agent won’t sell your information to other companies. They also run their own servers and write their own code. In short, they take your security and privacy seriously.
Disadvantages of Northwest Registered Agent:
– There are some cheaper LLC formation services like IncFile who charge $49 plus state fee ($30 less than Northwest).
– Compared to other services, Northwest Registered Agent has fewer 3rd-party customer reviews online. While this isn’t necessarily a “disadvantage”, some of our readers have raised this concern when considering Northwest’s services.
Northwest Registered Agent LLC Packages
With Northwest Registered Agent, customers have three main options for LLC service: Basic, Deluxe, and Platinum. If you would like to examine the way they advertise these packages, feel free to check out their own website for all the details.
Basic = $79 + State Fee
– Name Availability Search: They will search your state’s official business database to make certain that your desired LLC name is still available, and hasn’t already been claimed by another individual or business entity.
– Preparation and Filing of Your Articles of Organization: These documents outline your basic company information so that your state can officially form your new LLC. Northwest Registered Agent will prepare these documents on your behalf, then file them with your state of formation.
– One Year Registered Agent Service: Every LLC in America is required to designate a registered agent. The registered agent is in charge of receiving important legal documents on behalf of your LLC, then forwarding them on to you. Northwest will serve as your registered agent for one year, after which you can renew your service for $125 per year ― although you are under no obligation to do so.
Deluxe = $179 + State Fee
Everything from the Basic package, plus…
– Operating Agreement: This document isn’t required by the state to form an LLC, but it is highly recommended. An operating agreement describes how your LLC will be operated, and also outlines the ownership structure of your company.
– Federal Tax ID Number (EIN): Think of an EIN as a Social Security Number for your business. This is a 9-digit numerical code that enables your LLC to hire employees, open business bank accounts, file business taxes, and more. Northwest Registered Agent will obtain your EIN from the IRS.
Premium = $199 + State Fee
Everything from the Deluxe package, plus…
– Same-Day Processing: Northwest Registered Agent will process your order and submit your LLC formation papers to your state the same day you purchase their service.
Northwest Registered Agent Customer Reviews
There aren’t a lot of online customer reviews for Northwest Registered Agent, but we did manage to track down about 100 of them on Google and Yelp. The majority of these reviews are positive, with customers praising the support they receive and complimenting Northwest Registered Agent for the speed of their services.
Overall, Northwest Registered Agent receives high-quality customer feedback, although the volume of reviews is not nearly as high as some competitors who have thousands of reviews available online.
– Google: 4.6 out of 5 stars (72 reviews)
– Yelp: 4.0 out of 5 stars (24 reviews)
Is Northwest Registered Agent Right For You?
At the end of the day, there are far more factors working in Northwest Registered Agent’s favor than there are working against them. They offer great overall value and customer support.
Of course, they won’t necessarily be the perfect choice for every single entrepreneur forming an LLC, so to wrap things up, here are a couple of scenarios where you perhaps should or should not use Northwest Registered Agent for LLC services.
When to Use Northwest Registered Agent:
If you’re looking for personalized premium customer support, a full year of registered agent service, and reasonable prices, Northwest Registered Agent is perfect for you.
When NOT to Use Northwest Registered Agent:
Some of their competitors can save you money, like IncFile for example is $30 cheaper. There are also some services that have a higher volume of customer feedback than Northwest has, like LegalZoom. If these are priorities for you, you might want to look elsewhere.
After reviewing and ranking the major LLC formation services, we found that Northwest Registered Agent is by far one of the best options available. Their outstanding customer support is a great selling point, as is their reasonable pricing and feature-loaded formation packages.
Northwest is an excellent choice for entrepreneurs who want the best possible customer service and zero up-sells whatsoever.